News and Events
- Jan 29: Check out our latest paper: P. Banda, C. Teuscher, and D. Stefanovic, "Training an asymmetric signal perceptron through reinforcement in an artificial chemistry," J. R. Soc. Interface April 6, 2014 11 93 20131100; 1742-5662, http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2013.1100
- H. Chung, C. Teuscher and P. Pande, Design and Evaluation of Technology-Agnostic Heterogeneous Networks-on-Chip, ACM Journal of Emerging Technologies, 2013. In press.
- J. Burger, C. Teuscher, and M. Perkowski, Digital Logic Synthesis for Memristors, Reed-Mueller Workshop 2013. In press.
- P. Banda, C. Teuscher and M. Lakin, Online Learning in a Chemical Perceptron, Artificial Life Journal, 19(2):195-219, 2013. http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/ARTL_a_00105
- H. Chung and C. Teuscher. "Design and Analysis of Heterogeneous Nanoscale On-Chip Communication Networks," Nano Communication Networks, 4(1):23-42, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nancom.2012.12.002
- D. Snyder, A. Goudarzi, and C. Teuscher. "Computational Capabilities of Random Automata Networks for Reservoir Computing," Physical Review E, 2013. In press. http://arxiv.org/abs/1212.1744
- Dec 1: H. Chung, A. P. Asnodkar, and C. Teuscher. A Structural Analysis of Evolved Complex Networks-on-Chip. 5th International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures (NoCArc'12), pages 17-22, 2012. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2401716.2401721
- Oct 30: P. Banda, C. Teuscher, M. Lakin, Online Learning in a Chemical Perceptron, Artificial Life. In press.
- Oct 26: Christof gave an invited talk at the "Turing under Discussion" workshop held at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Oct 26-27, 2012, http://www.sslps.unibe.ch/meetings.html. The meeting was a contribution to the Turing Centenary celebrations.
- Oct 24: H. Chung, Anusha Asnodkar, and C. Teuscher. A Structural Analysis of Evolved Complex Networks-on-Chip. 5th International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures (NoCArc'12), 2012. In press.
- Oct 18: New openings (paid position): Passionate students interested in 3D FPGAs and Self-Assembly!
- Sep 12: Sep 12: Christof gave an invited plenary talk and led a plenary discussion session at the Frontiers in Natural Computing workshop in York, UK, Sep 10-12, 2012. The workshop aimed to highlight and discuss emerging trends and future directions in the field of natural computing, and featured invited position papers from world-leading researchers across the field.
- D. Synder, A. Goudarzi, C. Teuscher. Optimal Connectivities in Reservoir Computing with Binary Reservoirs. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on the Simulation and Synthesis of Living Systems (Alife'13), MIT Press, pp 259-266, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.7551/978-0-262-31050-5-ch035
- Mar 22: Our latest paper is out! A. Gourdarzi, C. Teuscher, N. Guhlbace, and T. Rohlf, Emergent Criticality through Adaptive Information Processing in Boolean Networks, Physical Review Letters, 108(12):128702, 2012, http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.108.128702
- Mar 14-15: Christof Teuscher gave a presentation entitled "From Intrinsic to Designed Computation: Computing Beyond the Boolean and CMOS World" at the DARPA/MTO Unconventional Computing Systems for Real-Time Sensor Data Analysis Workshop.
- Jan 6: tlab graduate students Alireza Goudarzi and Manjari Kulkarni, have both been awarded a Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid of Research (GIAR) for their research projects entitled "On the Effects of Heterogeneity in Dynamical Networks" and "Memristor-based Reservoir Computing: A New Computing Paradigm."
- Dec 10: S. Deb, K. Chang, A. Ganguly, X. Yu, P. Pande, C. Teuscher, D. Heo, and B. Belzer. Design of an efficient NoC architecture using millimeter-wave wireless links. In Proceedings of the The International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED). IEEE Press, 2012. In press.
- Oct 27: Christof Teuscher gave a presentation at the UNM CS Colloquium. Title: "From Intrinsic to Designed Computation"
- Oct 18: Christof Teuscher gave a keynote presentation at Computing 2011. Title: "A modern perspective on Alan Turing's Unorganized Machines."
- Apr 28: Congrats Alireza and Avinash to the successful completion of your theses!!
- Alireza Goudrarzi, "On the Effect of Topology on Learning and Generalization in Random Automata Networks."
- Avinash Amarnath, "A Self-Reconfigurable Architecture on an Irregular Reconfigurable Fabric."
- Apr 21: Latest paper: Alireza Goudarzi, Christof Teuscher, Natali Gulbahce, Thimo Rohlf, Emergent Criticality Through Adaptive Information Processing in Boolean Networks, http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.4141, 2011.
- Apr 11: Five teuscher.:Lab students participated in the 2011 Sigma Xi Student Research Symposium. Congrats Peter and Gabe for the awards! Check out the photos.
- Apr 10: Accepted paper: A. Amarnath and C. Teuscher. A Self-Configurable Computing Architecture for Unstructured and Unknown Reconfigurable Fabrics. NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS-2011).
- Apr 4: teuscher.:Lab student Arpita Sinha featured on EEWeb.
- Mar 17: New publication: P. Xu, S.-H. Jeon, H. Chen, H. Luo, G. Zou, Q. Jia, M. Anghel, C. Teuscher, D. Williams, B. Zhang, X. Han, and H.-L. Wang. Facile synthesis and electrical properties of silver wires through chemical reduction by polyaniline. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 114(50):22147–22154, 2010. [ ]
- Mar 12: Dr. Teuscher becomes a IEEE Senior Member. Senior Member is the highest grade for which IEEE members can apply. Only 8% of IEEE's approximately 400,000 members hold this grade.